Posted 2 months ago
About this position
The Data Engineering Manager is expected to provide architectural guidance, produce design specs/documents, review adjacent systems’ design as well as lead the implementation including: writing appropriate code, deploying it and ensuring operations.
You will report directly to Workato’s Head of IT and will work closely with our engineering and product teams, our corporate IT organization, our finance team, third-party companies and tools, and our DevOps and infrastructure teams, amongst others. You will be responsible for identifying the right metrics, instrumenting workflows to emit the appropriate metrics, and loading those metrics into the enterprise data warehouse.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate architect to build our enterprise level analytics platform that gives users easy, intuitive, and fine-grained access to Workato’s diverse and unique data assets.
The business intelligence architect will design and implement the company’s enterprise-level system to gather and provide appropriate metrics and data for key stakeholders across the organization – including executive leadership – to be able to analyze and report on performance and metrics from our key 1st and 3rd party systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or another computer-based discipline. Master degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years hands-on experience, and 2 years of manager level experience (including people management) in developing BI solutions (Data Integration, Modeling, Analytics or Reporting)
- Minimum 8 years of SQL experience and a record of accomplishment of designing, deploying and evolving ETL solutions to meet business requirements.
- Deep experience in architecting cloud-based data-warehouse solutions (e.g. AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.), powering BI visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Looker, etc.) and exposure to transactional systems (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, Workday, etc.)
- Strong experience leading a business intelligence platform, developing long-term roadmaps and strategic direction, and evangelizing the value of data-driven decision making
- Fanatic about leveraging best practices for master data management, enterprise-level data models, and data marts
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and ability to communicate well, even to non-technical users
- Preference for experience at a fast-growing SaaS business with experience with metrics like churn, profitability metrics, and people-based marketing analytics
- Strong desire to teach and mentor others, especially educating cross-functional peers
- Extensive knowledge of Data Warehousing principles and dimensional models; sourcing data from OLTP, SaaS, and OLAP application