Posted 3 months ago
About this position
Voxy (www.voxy.com) is a leading web and mobile-based English learning platform that provides personalized language instruction to major corporations, educational institutions, and governments worldwide. Our approach is steeped in 20 years of scientific research, and our product is built with cutting-edge, patented technologies that enable us to dynamically create learning pathways from everyday media content. Voxy’s been shown effective – both in the lab and in the wild – which is no small feat for a digital education company. We are tackling a tough problem, but that’s okay; we love tough problems, and you should, too.
We’re seeking a VP and Head of Product that wants to join a growing start-up as we continue to build one of the most disruptive educational technologies in the world. Our work is meaningful; we change the lives of our students and we are on a mission to change the lives of the additional two-billion English learners in the world that we haven’t reached yet.
- Collaborate with our cross-functional teams of designers, engineers, marketing and pedagogy folks to formulate and execute product strategy that will grow revenue and increase user acquisition and engagement
- Develop product roadmaps, user stories, scenarios, and product backlogs
- Leverage customer feedback to inform continuous product improvement and innovation to guide product-market fit
- Partner with the marketing team to develop product metrics and A/B testing framework to test new features & hypotheses for engagement and product interactions
- Lead our agile development process, responsible for ensuring the quality of the software we develop across web, iOS and Android platforms.Lead user testing to gather feedback and suggest product enhancements to improve user experience.
- Facilitate research to identify customer needs and market gaps and analyze competition.
- Investigate bugs in our software and isolate their causes.
- Develop product documentation to help internal and external stakeholders understand how our technology and processes work.
You will need to have:
- 7-10 years product development experience with a world-class digital product
- Excellent oral and written communication
- A strong understanding of web and mobile design; web user experiences; and different Internet-based business models
- A demonstrated ability to collect user feedback and understand customer pain points
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently by using organizational and time management skills
- The ability to analyze and leverage data to drive key business decisions
- Sketching / wire-framing skills (preferred)
- A passion for puzzles – making hypotheses and piecing together clues to figure out the solution to a problem
- BA or equivalent experience
In addition to a rewarding job that will directly impact how millions of students learn English, working here, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary (base / bonus) and equity ownership
- Phone & Gym stipend
- Great office space, easily accessible by a multitude of trains, near many shops and dog-friendly
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits as well as FSA, free on-site language classes, and company lunches
- Ongoing professional development and reimbursement for attendance at industry or professional conferences
- Incredible teammates that are super-bright, creative, talented, and passionate
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We really do, you should come and check it out for yourself. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.