Posted 8 months ago
About this position
The Shelf is a fast-growing, profitable, big-data marketing startup with well-known clients across the world (eos, Famous Footwear, Pepsi, Neutrogena, Evenflo, Regis, Lowes… just to name a few).
We’re looking for a remote, full stack developer to join our team of 18. Currently, we have a very small but highly talented development team (two full-time developers), leaving a lot of room for growth, learning, and ownership. If large amounts of data (both scraping, storing, and analyzing) get you excited, then continue reading ?
You’ll be working on our website which provides a highly-scalable SaaS platform to clients to facilitate marketing campaigns. It contains three primary components:
- a large, searchable database of influential media profiles (140,000,000 and growing), along with detailed profiles on each.
- campaign management (which is comparable to a CRM combined with a more complicated version of project management software)
- campaign reporting (which contains a lot of data visualizations)
- our stack is React/Angular + Django + PostgreSQL. We use ElasticSearch for fast search responses.
- we have a 3TB PostgreSQL DB and our ElasticSearch index is 400GB in size. They are both growing rapidly.
- our cluster contains of 20 VMs and we use RDS, Amazon ES, Redis, and Google Datastore for managing various types of data points.
At a high level, we’re looking for an experienced full-stack engineer who has the following qualities:
- You should have a sound understanding of standard Computer Science algorithms, and get excited when you can solve difficult problems elegantly.
- You should be detail-oriented, someone who uses real data to guide your design decisions.
- You should be a practical engineer who is able to think about the benefits and risks of a given solution and propose thoughtful options in front of the team.
- You should have experience with both front-end and back-end so you can participate in a variety of product discussions.
- You should have great communication skills, be responsive and available, and accountable since it’s a fully remote position.
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions carefully from this page: https://www.theshelf.com/careers/full-stack