Posted 3 months ago
About this position
Scrapinghub is a fast growing and diverse technology business turning web content into useful data with a cloud-based web crawling platform, off-the-shelf datasets, and turn-key web scraping services.
We’re a globally distributed team of over 100 Shubbers working from over 30 countries who are passionate about scraping, web crawling, and data science.
As a new Shubber, you will:
Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
Have the freedom to work from wherever you want.
Have the opportunity to go to conferences and meet with the team from across the globe.
Get the chance to work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
About the Job:
Scrapinghub needs a Desktop Support Specialist who can provide installation, maintenance and support service for Shubbers. You will work with our dynamic team to provide excellent technical support.
- Provide assistance to internal groups in Scrapinghub to troubleshoot and solve issues
- Provide world class support for our Shubbers by delighting them in every interaction
- Strong customer focus with a mindset for preventing future recurrence of issues
- Demonstrate leadership and ability to work independently to resolve technical issues
- Effectively collaborate within the team and with other teams to constantly improve the processes and tools for greater efficiency and better user end experience
- Document procedures, corrective actions and update knowledge base systems
- Keep peers and management informed of trends, significant problems and unexpected delays
- Track and respond to issues logged on Jira in an efficient manner
- Timely updating of Shubbers on IT queries
- Provide efficient tracking of IT Inventory
- Provide desktop support to Mac and Windows users
- Liaise with IT Vendor to order and deliver hardware to new Shubbers
- 2+ years of desktop support or equivalent experience
- Proven track record in technical self learning, you will be supporting Google Suite, Slack, Jira and Confluence.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills and ability to articulate a complex system or problem based on the type of audience.
- Strong team player with good analytical and technical writing skills.
- Strong relationship building skills with a sense of collaboration.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities and commitments.
- Able to operate effectively in a team environment with nontechnical team members
- Able to operate with minimal supervision
- Able to manage time effectively, set priorities appropriately
- Excellent technical knowledge of Mac and Windows for Desktop