Posted 2 weeks ago
About this position
Proletariat is seeking a talented Backed Services Engineer to join the team on our newest game in development, Spellbreak. This individual will work with a team of talented engineers to create and maintain scalable and high performance core platform services. They will be responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, and continuing support of horizontally scalable online services in an asynchronous environment. Our ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of distributed systems, cross-platform software development, and an understanding of what it takes to create innovative, thoroughly tested, well-documented, and easy-to-use frameworks that others can build on top of.
- Design, architect, and develop large-scale backend services to meet design goals.
- Integrate backend services into game client and servers.
- Ensure scalability and high availability of backend services.
- Contribute to internal tools for assisting development and for maintaining services.
- Identify and resolve scaling and security issues.
- Collaborate with other developers, QA, and support engineers to ensure smooth deployment, continual operation and fanatical support of quality software.
- 5 years professional experience in backend services.
- Solid understanding of the architecture of large-scale web applications.
- Experience designing, developing, and scaling distributed, highly available systems.
- Experience with API design and building web services.
- Experience developing for different datastores, e.g. relational databases, NoSQL databases, redis, elasticache
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud computing environments.
- Experience working in an iterative, agile environment.
- Continues to improve development skills and learn new technologies.
- Self-directed and can work autonomously, but can also ask for help when needed.
- Able to communicate well with other disciplines, including engineers, artists, and product management.
- Game development experience.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Enjoys playing a wide variety of games.