Posted 2 months ago
About this position
Modern streaming solution, classic sound
At Primephonic we are all about the classics. Mozart, Beethoven, Bach and many others are all fans of our solution. Finally, people can listen to the classics in the best high quality audio while streaming on our platform. We have already been dubbed ‘The Spotify of Classical Music’ but in all honesty, we offer better search, higher audio quality, more background info and more relevant recommendations.
Our mission is to bring classical music into the digital age and reignite a passion for the genre. We want to grow the market of classical music in the daily lives of people. At home or while travelling, with the best experience possible for classical music fans worldwide.
Our Chief Technology Officer is a talented leader with a hands-on approach and able to build the tech team while working with external partners. You will join the leadership team (with Thomas and Veronica) and make decisions together. You are the one bridging the gap between the business needs and our technical platform. As far as we can see now you are able to make the best decisions for our tech stack and make things smarter on a daily basis.
Although we currently work with very talented partners for our development, we see that bringing (most of) this knowledge in-house is a necessity for our further growth and stability. Therefore you are what we need: a real builder of tech and teams. An architect and a people person. A manager and a techie. All in one person.
We envision that you still like to get your hands dirty while you oversee everything. A CTO who is mature, but a passionate soul in his field of expertise at the same time. And if you like classical music as well, then that would be the best case scenario… Yes, we know we ask a lot!
To be successful
- In the first month you will learn everything there is to know and meet everyone there is to meet
- In the first half year you will create the technical vision and start executing on this roadmap and start to in-source development and build the first pillars of your team. Start identifying opportunities on our technical solutions, creating a stable and great tech stack so we can call ourselves the best in the market
- In the next 6 months we see a real start in growth of in-house development. The roadmap is totally clear and you are a very important partner in the leadership team. We are executing on great features and reach targets easily. Structure and oversight are key!
- After the first year you are like a fish in the water at Primephonic. You now understand the complexity of building a platform like this to the fullest. Bringing together a streaming app and classical music lovers has proven to be challenging. But we managed and conquered the hearts of many. We built a great app with our partners (maybe still there for a bit), brought great talent on board, grow in revenue and product happiness, stable roadmap, are the standard for classical music enthusiasts in the market and did we already mention all the great plans with even better recommendations, video streaming or showing the musical notation with relentless high audio quality.
We have a clear horizon, act on the roadmap, grow our network and make things smarter continuously. With data, with tech, with marketing. We are here for the long run.
Will you be the one getting us there?
Responsibilities in bullets
- Define and implement the technical vision and strategy
- Help draft and execute on the product roadmap, including developing the platform with a recommendation engine, artists dashboard and using MQA technology
- Hire and lead the dev team that is needed to realise this vision
- Take full responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of the system- and technical infrastructure
- Work with external third parties (that we need)
- Establish and apply development methodologies, and measure key success indicators
- Be an irreplaceable part of the leadership team.
- You have a Masters degree
- Able to build a very stable architecture and add modern techniques
- Knowledge of SaaS / streaming services
- Able to see the bigger picture in development cycles: platform (iOS, Android, web)
- Great at recruiting and leading your own team
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on with a visionary and strategic mindset
- You have the ability to bring transparency to our vision and communicate this.
Very nice to have
- Experience within a management team as a CTO or Head of Development
- Good understanding (working experience) of PHP, MySQL, TypeScript, Vue.js and ElasticSearch
- Passion for classical music.
What can you expect in return?
- A key leadership position within a very fast growing start-up
- The chance to make an impact in the exciting world of music streaming
- Become part of a fun, passionate, talented and international team
- A competitive salary with stock options and a bonus scheme
- A pension plan, laptop and phone
- Fantastic office (location) in Amsterdam – equipped with a garden and BBQ
- Daily lunch, monthly team outings and Friday afternoon drinks – including quality singing and live piano music (and yes, we also do popular music on those days :D)