Posted 6 months ago
About this position
As part of Casumo Game Development team you will have a chance to work on greenfield projects which will create a great impact on the product.
We don’t work in silos and don’t pass responsibility; build something great and take it all the way to the players. We welcome you to show us the latest rendering tricks, get stuck into the architecture or optimise our build steps and deployment flow, either directly or by giving feedback on pull requests.
Our brand new studio has a seat waiting for you. Come and destroy boredom with us.
What you will do
As part of our agile streamlined workflow, you will be given the opportunity to work on any and every component of the application. Whether it is writing client-side modules or backend services – there will always be a new challenge to keep things interesting, both within current and new products. All suggestions are welcome and we keep adding new interesting things as we go along.
- Working with analysis, design and development of our APIs, tools and portals to support the development of web-based games.
- Being part of a cross-functional team where experts in UX, frontend, backend, test and dev-ops work together to deliver high-quality and high-performant games with a strong focus on usability and user experience.
- Working with Spring Boot framework to create services and components using Kotlin/Java.
- Working with React and JS to create modern web apps and supporting evergreen browsers and devices only (no IE!).
- Assessing, maintaining and striving to improve the quality of code via:
- Pull Requests
- Unit testing and creating automated performance profiling tools
- Creating efficient backend services using Spring framework and
- Creating robust frontend components using React
- Analysing and debating design patterns
- Supporting internal and external developers, getting them started, how to use our APIs and tools.
- Supporting and maintenance of infrastructure (AWS) where our products are running.
- Enjoying being in an open and collaborative environment, you will participate in decision making and problem solving.
We are looking for someone who
- Has previously worked as a full-stack developer on interesting and successful projects using Spring Boot and Kotlin/Java-based backend with React experience for frontends and have stories to share of what you’ve learned along the way.
- Has some experience using AWS services and tools.
- Possesses experience in an environment where code quality is a high priority.
- Some experience working with casino game platforms is a plus.
- Has some experience working across different devices in a mobile-first manner and feels comfortable making and communicating important architectural decisions.
- Has passion for Games industry, is hungry to learn and share, is open-minded, honest, and happy to take initiative in uncertain situations.
- Is eager to step up and take ownership of things that need to be done.
Engineering at Casumo
At Casumo, we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness. We have a modern engineering mindset, we move fast, experiment and apply an automated test approach. We believe every individual’s need and desires to be unique and let each developer be the main force for creating their best work environment and make impact. As a backend developer you will collaborate with an international, distributed and highly skilled team. We highly value team spirit and a respectful environment. A humble and open mindset is essential to reach higher aims.
- We have active contributors to the tech community.
- We contribute to open source; we care about knowledge sharing in order to leverage the tech knowledge within the tech community. Examples of projects we have contributed to: OpenZipkin, Spring Boot 2, Spring Kafka, Axon Framework, AssertJ and Vavr..
- We attend & speak at conferences; we believe these events are the perfect environment to share what we do, keep learning and motivate our team members to keep improving; Spring I/O, Buildstuff, Devoxx, JavaOne, etc.
- Company which is scaling; more opportunities faster & meeting impressive people.
- Making real impact by working on an unparalleled product.
- Explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team.
- Great team getaways.