Posted 2 months ago
About this position
The Internal Services team is responsible for services that are consumed by many other Auth0 software engineering teams such as: rate limiting, feature flagging and email delivery. Supporting more than 2.5B logins per month, these foundational services need to be extremely reliable and fast while handling thousands of client requests per second.
We’re looking for a Senior Engineer to work with our software developers rethinking and maintaining these critical services. The ideal candidate has experience building systems at scale and a track record of mentorship.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating to design and develop highly available, reliable Node.js services.
- Establishing good habits around code reviews for the team that encourage less senior members to review your code just as you might for them.
- Crafting and implementing features and bug fixes.
- Working with other Auth0 engineering teams to understand how they are using the services and their future needs.
- Participating on the team’s on-call rotation.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have experience in designing, developing and operating highly available distributed systems.
- Are a data driven decision maker: you use SLOs, error budgets and build insightful monitoring dashboards.
- Enjoy working in an iterative development environment.
- Can add value to a conversation even when you are not familiar with the entire context.
- Have initiative and can “unblock” yourself to get things done.
- Tend to deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
- Demonstrates a track record of success managing technical debt.
- Took the lead on technology/tool selection in a past position.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience building services to be consumed by other developers.